Album: One Love
Artist: A R Rahman
Singers: A R Rahman, Karthik & Naresh Iyer
Lyrics: Raqeeb & A R Rahman
01. One Love - Ek Mohabbat (Hindi)
02. One Love - Kaadal Onru Allava (Tamil)
03. One Love - Pranayam Onnu Allo (Malyalam)
04. One Love - Prema Okkatega (Telugu)
05. One Love - remavu Illi Onde (Kannada)
06. One Love - Bhalobasha Ek Hoye (Bengali)
Behold ladies and gentlemen! Music of the biggest movie of the year is here, and I am absolutely thrilled to say that you and I are among the very first to listen to them. As you already know, Om Shanti Om is the highly expected movie by Farah Khan starring the one and only Shahrukh Khan along with Deepika Padukone, Shreyas Talpade, Arjun Rampal and Kiron Kher playing the important roles. So far I know only what you all know about the film, if you have seen the trailers that is. Shahrukh is presented with an all new look, amazingly ripped body with stunning six-packs and a new hair style. There's also another treat in store for us all, more than 30 big names of Bollywood are to feature in one of the songs!! What else can we say except THANK YOU FARAH AND SHAHRUKH FOR ANOTHER GREAT FILM!!!
Music of Om Shanti Om is directed by the wonderful duo Vishal-Shekhar. I'm listening to Dard-e-Disco as I'm writing this and it's a superb song. I have listened to all of them, and I absolutely love them (most, not of 'em ;p). Great music and great lyrics penned down by Javed Aktar himself. SO don't wait and start downloading!!!!
- Ajab Si / K.K.
- Dard-E-Disco / Sukhwinder Singh, Marianne, Nisha, Caralisa
- Deewangi Deewangi / Shaan, Udit Narayan, Shreya Goshal, Sunidhi Chauhan, Rahul Saxena
- Mein Agar Kahoon / Sonu Nigam, Shreya Goshal
- Jag Soona Soona Lage / Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Richa Sharma Punjabi
- Dhoom Taana / Abhijeet, Shreya Goshal
- Daastaan-E-Om Shanti Om / Shaan
- Dard-E-Disco (Remix) / Sukhwinder Singh, Marianne, Nisha, Caralisa
- Deewangi Deewangi (Rainbow Mix) / Shaan, Udit Narayan, Shreya Goshal, Sunidhi Chauhan, Rahul Saxena
- Om Shanti Om (Medley Mix)
- Daastaan (The Dark Side Mix) / Shaan
- Om Shanti Om (Theme Music)
Goal is a film by director Vivek Agnihotri. The leading cast of Goal includes Boman Irani, Bipasha Basu, John Abraham, and Arshad Warsi. It's a film about soccer. If you are a soccer fan, don't watch this film for to see some cool moves and stuff. The drama side of the film could be something watch though, if the Goal team have done their job well.
Music of Goal is by Pritam. Check out what he's come up with this time. Hope you enjoy it.
Mumbai Salsa is Vikram Bhatt's latest production with the debuting director Manoj Tyagi. This film stars some unfamiliar faces (don't know about you guys, but don't know any of them). They are: Linda Arsenio, Indraneel Sengupta, Manjari Phadnis, Neelam, Dilip Thadeshwar, and Vir Das. Sounds like a fresh and different. I hope it is.
Music of Mumbai Salsa is by Adnan Sami who unfortunately hasn't been very successful as a music director. Listen and tell us all what you think of this album.
Madhuri Dixit is back! Aaja Nachle marks the return of our favorite Bollywood actress. Madhuri hasn't appeared in any movie since 2002 (Devdas and Hum Tumhare Hai Sanam) and she's back with a bang. At least makers of Aaja Nachle think so. The film's other leading casts include Ranvir Shorey, Irfaan Khan, Konkona Sen Sharma, Kunal Kapoor, Akshaye Khanna, Divya Dutta, and Vinay Pathak. The film is directed by Anil Mehta.
- Aaja Nachle / Sunidhi Chauhan
- Ishq Hua / Shreya Ghosal, Sonu Nigam
- Show Me Your Jalwa / Richa Sharma, Kailash Kher, Salim Merchant
- O Re Piya / Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
- Soniye Mil Ja / Sukhwinder Singh, Sunidhi Chauhan, Madhuri Dixit
- Is Pal / Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal
- Koi Patthar Se Na Maare / Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam
- Dance With Me / Sonia Saigal
- Nachle (Reprise) / Sunidhi Chauhan, Marianne
Also known as Mr. Khujli (but I prefer Khujli - Sab Ko Hai :D) is an upcoming movie starring the recent years' Johnny Lever (some of you might disagree with that, I somehow find him funnier than Johnny), the one and only Rajpal Yadav as well as Vrajesh Hirjee, Mohit Daga and Loveleena Tetarbe. It is a movie by Raj Sippy. There isn't much of the budget spent on the music department (I guess) handled by the music directors Deepak Pandit and Prem Paras. But I hope they have a good script and storyline for Rajpal. I would love to watch this one 'cause I haven't laughed much lately.
Set for release this December, Baabul is a movie which stars Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini, Salman Khan, Rani Mukherjee, John Abraham and Om Puri. It's a film by Ravi Chopra.
The music of Baabul is the creation of Aadesh Shrivastava. Some songs are pretty cool, my personal favorite is 'Come On Come On'. Enjoy!
It's been quite a while since A. R. Rehman's last album which was Rang De Basanti. This time he is back with the Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai starrer, Guru. Other cast of the film include Madhavan, Vidya Balan, Mallika Sherawat, Arya Babbar and Mithun Chakrabarty. Guru is directed by Mani Rathnam who has teamed up with Rehman in all his 4 movies so far.
- Barso Re [Video]/ Shreya Ghoshal, Uday Mazumdar
- Tere Bina /A.R. Rehman, Chinmaye
- Ek Lo Ek Muft / Bappi Lahiri, Chitra
- Mayya /Chinmaye, Marayem Toller, Keerthi
- Ay Hairathe /Alka Yagnik, Hariharan
- Bazi Laga /Udit Narayan, Madhushree, Bhargawee, Swetha
- Jaage Hain /A.R. Rehman, Chitra
Bhagam Bhag is a comedy movie starring Akshay Kumar, Govinda, Lara Dutta and Paresh Rawal and is directed by Priyadarsan. Priyadarsan has created some wonderful movies in the past, such as Virasat, Hera Pheri, Hungama, Hulchul and Chup Chup Ke. I hope that his latest creation is just as good if not better.
There is been quite some buzz lately about Kabul Express, a film directed by Kabir Khan and produced by Aditya Chopra. Set during the Taliban regime in Afghanistan, Kabul Express stars John Abraham and Arshad Warsi as two Indian journalists who are there to meet the Taliban. For more details go to Wikipedia or the film's official website.
Music of Kabul Express is directed by Raghav Sachar.
Anwar is a film directed by Manish Jha.
Music of Anwar is directed by Pankaj Awasthi and Mithoon. I hope you like the songs. It's been quite a while since my last post, and the reason for that is my new job. It is really tiring and the shift timings are different, so I guess it will take me a while to get used to it and make some time for blogging. Enough said. Enjoy the music.
Salaam-E-Ishq is a star packed. Salaam-E-Ishq is going to do very well in the box-office. But how good a movie it is, is yet to be seen. The cast of SEI includes Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan, John Abraham, Akshaye Khanna, Anil Kapoor, Ayesha Takia, Juhi Chawla, Govinda, Isha Koppikar, Shannon Esrechowitz, Sohail Khan, Karan Johar (!?) and Anjana Sukhani. Wow!
Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamaana is a film about he life, specially friendship, of four women played by Mahima Chaudhary, Rekha, Kim Sharma and Vasundhara Das. It is directed by Amar Butala. Music of KKHZ is directed by Iqbal & Yasin Darbar. One of the songs of KKHZ is sung by Rekha, but I won't tell you which one. Let's see if anyone can get it right (No cheating/googling!!). Hope you like the songs.
This tutorial teaches you how to convert .rm files into mp3s. Read on to find out about the software required for this task, where to get it and how to use it.
Software/Tool Required:Switch Sound File Conversion Software
Switch is a free audio coversion tool. It supports conversion of many format into one another, but what we need to know is that it CAN convert .rm to mp3. There is a Plus version that you can upgrade to for $US19.40 which will unlock some advanced features. You can read more about it at their website. For the purpose of this tutorial the free version is perfect and there is no need for an upgrade.
NOTE: The free version will have all the advanced features for 14 days from the day you install the software. After that trial period, the advanced features will be deactivated and every once in a while you will be asked to upgrade. Don't worry about that, just click 'NO' or 'Cancel' everytime you are asked to upgrade and you will be fine.
Use the link above to download Switch. Run the downloaded file by double-clicking and simply follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your hard drive.
How to use Switch:You can use Switch to convert files one at a time, or convert multiple files at once. Here are the steps to convert one/multiple files:
- First add files to the queue by clicking either the 'Add File(s)' or 'Add Folder' button (see image below). They both serve the same purpose, with the difference that the first allows you to choose the files you want and the second enables you to add all the contents of a folder to the queue.
- Now that you have added your files, you need to choose the Output Folder, the folder where Switch will save the converted files. Click the button labelled as ' ... ' (see image below) and choose your desired folder.
- Choose .mp3 (or any format you prefer) as the Output Format from the dropdown menu as shown in the image below.
- Finally, click the 'Convert' button at the top right corner to get the job done.
When you click Convert, a little window (like the one below) will pop up, which shows you what is being done. You can cancel the process by clicking the 'Cancel' button (Dah!). The window will disappear once files are converted.
There are many other commercial softwares that can do this task, but some may not be comfortable with the price tag they come with.
I hope you find this tutorial (my first one ever) useful. If I am being ambiguous with my explanation here, feel free to comment or ask questions below. Now that the issue of file format is hopefully resolved, let's get back to downloading some cool music.
Bhool Bhulaiyaa is directed by Priyadarshan and stars Akshay Kumar, Vidya Balan, Amisha Patel, Shiny Ahuja, Paresh Rawal, Rajpal Yadav and Asrani for major roles.
Pritam has composed the scores for Bhool Bhulaiyaa. I can't say much about this film, as I know nothing and haven't had a chance to listen to the songs either. I just hope it's good and that you all like it.
Bhool Bhulaiyaa / Neeraj Shridhar
Labon Ko / K.K.
Sadja / K.K.
Bhool Bhulaiyaa (Remix) / Neeraj Shridhar
Let's Rock Soniye / Shaan, Tulsi Kumar
Sakhiya / Tulsi Kumar
Mere Dholna / M.G. Sreekumar, Shreya Ghoshal
Allah Hafiz / K.K.
Let's Rock Soniye (Remix) / Shaan, Tulsi Kumar
Sadja (Remix) / K.K.
Labon Ko (Remix) / K.K.
Jab We Met seems to be pretty well liked already. It's been requested so many times. So here it is. It's a film by Imtiaz Ali and stars Shahid Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor and Dara Singh in major roles. I have no clue what the plot is, neither have I listened to the songs yet. Music of JWM is a collaborative work of Sandesh Shandilya and Prittam. Enjy!
- Mauja Hi Mauja / Mika Singh
- Tum Se Hi / Mohit Chauhan
- Yeh Ishq Hai / Shreya Ghoshal
- Nagada Nagada / Sonu Nigam, Javed Ali
- Aao Milo Chalo / Ustad Sultan Khan, Shaan
- Aaoge Jab Tum / Ustad Sultan Khan
- Tum Se Hi (Remix) / Mohit Chauhan
- Yeh Ishq Hai (Remix) / Shreya Goshal
- Mauja Hi Mauja (Remix) / Mika Singh
- Tum Se Hi (Instrumental)
The long awaited movie Khuda Ke Liye - In the Name of God a movie by Shoaib Mansoor is finally heading towards release.
The film is about the difficult situation in which the Pakistanis in particular and the Muslims in general are caught up since 9/11. There is a war going on between the Fundamentalists and the Liberal Muslims. This situation is creating a drift not only between the Western world and the Muslims, but also within the Muslims. The educated and modern Muslims are in a difficult situation because of their approach towards life and their western attire. They are criticized and harassed by the fundamentalists and on the other hand the Western world sees them as potential suspects of terrorism just because of their Muslim names.
This paradox is resulting in great suffering for a forward looking Muslim. Above mentioned is the theme of the film "Khuda Ke Liye. The interesting thing about the film is how it connects the happenings in the three continents. Unlike the usual Indian and Pakistani films based on romantic saga, dances and songs, this film is based on some very serious issues, raising a lot of controversial questions boggling the Muslim minds these days. It helps the Muslim youth to find a direction— the right direction, which we are all looking forward to.